April 25: Lourdes

We are staying at the Hotel Eliseo in Lourdes, France. This morning we attended mass at the grotto in Lourdes. It was a beautiful Mass with people from Ireland and the U.S. Father Michael and a dozen other priests concelebrated.

Later this morning we took a walking tour of Lourdes - up many hills - up many stairs and saw places that St. Bernadette lived. I personally accumulated over 10,000 steps so far and it's only one in the afternoon.
It has been a beautiful sunshiny day with no rain. We have been very blessed. I will update this entry this evening with additional pictures and narrative. God bless!

This afternoon was life changing - we visited the water gesture at Lourdes today where we were able to wash our hands and face in this miraculous water of Lourdes and we also drank a small sip as well. Ken and I prayed together and anyone that knows us will know exactly what miracle I prayed for ... I have faith!
I now have over 13,000 steps for the day so needless to say we are exhausted and very thankful for a quieter day tomorrow - I think we are still a bit jet lagged so another early night. God's blessing for you and all who are praying for us as our pilgrimage progresses.
I have added a few more random photos so enjoy!
Sacred Heart - the parish church we visited today to donate a chalice (KofC) inscribed with Don Hart's name. It will be consecrated by the Bishop tomorrow.
Basilica - the sun was shining directly on it this morning. Beautiful!